When you use the Service or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Service;
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Service registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Service;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Service;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- If applicable, resume, work history, CV, resume or other job application information;Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Service.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Service we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Service (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also collect information about your devices (including phones, computers or other devices) where you access and visit our Services. Such information may include unique device identifiers and mobile network information (including phone number), IP address, language and time zone, operating system, hardware version, device locations (including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this Service or other UMG Services that connect to your online profiles, accounts or services (including social media accounts) (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our Service using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts includes email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
If you are applying for a job at UMG, we may use information you provide to communicate with third parties regarding your application to the extent permissible by law
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To provide you with information on the relevant Universal Music artist;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy below;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
- To allow you to interact with our Service, for example by posting comments or to share information from our Service on third party social media platforms;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To manage your access to the services or notify you about changes to the services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To administer our Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Service safe and secure;
- If you have applied for a job at UMG, to review, verify, and evaluate your job application information.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you (including information in relation to your devices). We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
We may share your personal data with any UMG Company, listed here, and with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Relevant Universal Music artists and/or their representatives;
- Subject to your consent which may be required according to the applicable data protection law, advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregate and other information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Service;
- Third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the UMG Company that controls this Service or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To any other third party where lawful.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES THAT PROVIDE CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OUR SERVICES
Some of the content, advertising and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example, you may have the opportunity to log in to our Service using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal data with us. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Service to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This Service is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does UMG knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with applicable laws.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section below.
If you have applied for a job at UMG, you may have certain rights under your local laws regarding your application or our evaluation. You may submit any requests to exercise your rights as described in the “Contact” section below.
California residents may opt out of having their personally identifiable information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. UMG currently does not take action in response to these signals.
Our Service, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Services, please note that these Services have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We may use automated decision making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with UMG and UMG artists. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Services or interactions with UMG Companies or our third party partners.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you to use all the features of the Service.
• transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; • using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of relevant safeguards by contacting UMG as described in the “Contact Section”.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the types of technologies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Type of Technology: Strictly Necessary Purpose of Technology These technologies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Service and use its features. The information collected by these technologies relate to the operation of our Service, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Service.
Type of Technology: Performance / Analytics Purpose of Technology These technologies collect anonymous information about how you use our Service, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Service. Information collected by these technologies is used only to improve your use of our Service and never to identify you. These technologies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
Type of Technology: Functionality Purpose of Technology These technologies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our Service from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customise, in order to improve your experience of our Service and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these technologies collect may be anonymised and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
Type of Technology: Targeting or Advertising Purpose of Technology These technologies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These technologies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organisations, for example advertisers.
Type of Technology: Social Media Purpose of Technology These technologies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Service with social media organisations such as Facebook and Twitter. These technologies are not within our control. Please refer to the privacy policies of these organisations for how their cookies and other technologies work.
Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services) may also use technologies, over which we have no control. These technologies are likely to be analytical/performance technologies or targeting technologies.
We may use technologies:
(i) to collect anonymised data on users behaviour on the Service. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyse user behaviour across multiple Services;
(ii) to categorise pools of users (on an anonymised basis) based on demographic and/or behavioural data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to technologies -ed users on third party Services and Universal Music Services, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorised technologies -ed users either in respect of advertising placement UMG has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools UMG has “sold” to these third parties.
Some of our Services may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Services. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies and other technologies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Service, including certain personalised features, if you delete or disable cookies.
We, or our third party partners, may employ a software technology called web beacons (also known as web bugs, clear gifs or pixels) which helps us understand what content is effective, for example by counting the number of users who have visited these pages, and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to let us know when content is viewed. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded on web pages, ads, and e-mail. We, or our third party partners, may tie the information gathered by web beacons to the other information we collect about you.
In addition to disabling cookies and other tracking technologies as described above, you may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors , and other service providers by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, or European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
If you order services offered by Deutsche Grammophon GmbH ("Deutsche Grammophon", "DG", "we", "us"), e.g. conclude a streaming subscription (STAGE+), we require your personal master data (e.g. name), communication data (e.g. e-mail) as well as payment data upon conclusion of the contract. We need these to initiate or fulfil the contract (Art. 6 para.1 lit.b DSGVO).
You can manage your contract data yourself in our online service center. For this, you have to be registered.
After termination of the contract, we delete or block your data unless we are legally obliged to retain it. An obligation to retain your data e.g. for tax purposes is based on § 147 AO.
You may use the following payment methods:
If you have chosen to pay by credit card, the payment will be processed through Stripe Payments Europe Ltd, 1 Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, Ireland ("Stripe"). We share the information you provided during the checkout process with Stripe, along with information about your order (including name, credit card number, invoice amount, currency and transaction number). At no time we store your credit card details. These are directly passed on to Stripe.
Stripe notifies us of the receipt of payment and we store the information on the receipt of payment as well as the details of the content ordered (in particular subscription type, duration, fee, payment method).
Your data will only be passed on if required for the purpose of processing your payment with Stripe.
You can find more information about Stripe's data protection here.
We only receive a Universally Unique Identifier - UUID (External ID) from Apple. Using this ID, Apple provides us with information about the subscription you purchased (Apple Product ID) and an original Transaction ID that identifies the transaction between you and Apple.
The legal basis for the processing is Art.6 para.1 lit.b GDPR. We need this data to verify your eligibility and activate your subscription.
Strictly necessary technologies are required for you to browse our services and use their features. The information collected by these technologies relate to the operation of our service, e.g. scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our service. The service cannot function properly without these technologies. This includes collecting streaming data for royalty settlements with our artists and licensors. These technologies cannot be deactivated. The legal basis for using strictly necessary technologies with regard to the end device is § 25 II 2 TTDSG.
You may obtain information about the data stored about you at any time and, if we store the data on our servers, you may request its deletion or blocking.
For this purpose, please contact Universal Music's data protection officer at: email@example.com.